I made a load of samples (a few are below) and experimented with different card and papers before deciding to make a corset!
I got there in the end after much PVA glue, Bostik and masking tape!
The corset is made from old music glued onto corrugated card with scrunched up white tissue paper pasted over the music. This was then folded like a fan then glued into position.
I used a dummy model to make a paper pattern then used the pattern to cut out the pieces for the corset.
It is held together with wide tape and strong glue.
I made small holes in the back then used gold rivets to cover over the edges of the holes, I then laced the back up with a gold cord. (sorry no picture of this)
The final piece is decorated with painted paper doillies and music printed onto acetate sheets, treated with a heat gun and burning tool. I rolled up some of the acetate sheets, glued them and cut them into circular shapes to add to the embellishment.